Monday: Planet Earth and Space
Part 1: Watch the video below first
Part 2: Read and Answer Questions 1-7 Below. Heading: Planet Earth in Space 15.02.20
Tuesday part 1: Planet Earth and Space- Pick a planet of your choice and complete the project below.
How to do it?
- You can choose any planet other than Earth
- You can complete it in your copy or as poster!
- Fantastic site to get your information: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/explore/space/passport-to-space/
- You have 2 days to complete.
Tuesday part 2: Pupils of Christian Faith. Watch the story of the Prodigal son below.
Wednesday part 1: Planet Earth and Space- Pick a planet of your choice and complete the project below.
Fantastic site to get your information: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/explore/space/passport-to-space/
This is your final day to complete the project.
Send me a photo of your project when completed and carry out a 1 minute report on SeeSaw for your project.
Please rehearse your oral report. Speak in full sentences and speak as clearly as you can.
Wednesday part 2: Music Bob Marley. Read, listen and answer.
Bob Marley was born Robert Nesta Marley in 1945 Jamaica which is a small island in the Caribbean. The country has a very strong tradition of musical styles including ska, rocksteady and reggae music – for which Bob Marley became most well known.
Wait a minute! What is reggae music?
Reggae music is recognisable from the guitar part which plays off the beat. So if you count a piece as follows:
1, 2, 3, 4
the offbeat is going to be between those numbers. We can count the offbeat as ‘and’ and so it would look like this:
1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and
The ‘and’ is where we’ll hear the guitar part! Now back to Bob….
Bob Marley sang and played guitar alongside his band the Wailers (pictured below) and together they released 13 albums. The Wailers still play around the world today.
In 1984, his greatest hits album called ‘Legend’ was released which went to become the best selling reggae album of all time!!
Song 1: Jamming
Song 2: Three Little Birds
Questions: Heading Bob Marley
- Which piece did you like better and why?
- What is similar about the two songs?
- What instruments can you hear in Jamming?
- Can you guess how many time the word jamming is sung?
- What instruments can you hear in Three Little Birds?
Thursday: Student Council Competition
This is your Student Council Committee. We hope you are all keeping well. We know that you are all working really hard at your school work and we think you need some fun.
We have been busy thinking of some fun competitions for you to try. Now we have not one but two competitions for you.
Competition Number 1: My Favourite Thing
- Take a photo or draw a picture of your favourite thing. It could be your pet, your favourite toy, food, book, place, sport etc .
- You probably have lots of your own ideas.
- However, no images of X Boxes, Play Stations, phones, tablets. We want you to think a little harder than that!
- Send your photo/image to your teacher on Seesaw today.
- Ms Lohan has promised prizes.
Friday: Art- Draw an A4 page of different aliens or draw one large!
These picture might give you some ideas. Send your art to me on SeeSaw.